— Welcome! I’m Nikki, founder of Makings of Home
How can a Domestic Strategist help?
Hi There! I’m Nikki a Domestic Strategist
Yes! I’ve given myself a rather unique career title of Domestic Strategist as this allows me to explain how I bring my twin passions of Professional Organising and Life Coaching together to support my clients.
A Domestic Strategist works with families to uncover what is causing the busyness, chaos and overwhelm in daily life. With skill, insight and passion I help you discover and implement simple routines and organising solutions that foster happiness and harmony in the home, and life, of your family.
Working as a Domestic Strategist is Rewarding
I support clients to understand why particular aspects of family and home life are chaotic and causes of stress or frustration. I have a multi-faceted approach. First, we declutter, sort and organise to improve functionality in rooms and physical spaces. We then transition to working on the daily routines, habits and systems that support families to work together more harmoniously. Sharing the load of managing a household is important to me. No-one, and particularly no-MUM wants to constantly end the day feeling unfulfilled, tired and exhausted. Once we’ve established more time and more freedom, I encourage my clients to explore what they want for their future.
About Me – Nikki
I am a wife and mum to two children aged 16 and 13. I think both my kids are pretty fabulous (most of the time). Usually when my kids or hubby are driving me a little bit crazy it’s normally a sign that I need to take some time for myself to recharge and reset. My favourites ways to unwind are by grabbing a coffee with friends, walking my fur baby or bashing some balls around – on a tennis court. (If your mind went elsewhere perhaps you’re my kind of people!)
I love a good laugh, uplifting others and using my knowledge and determination to find a positive in every situation. My friends would tell you that while I can organise nearly anything, my sense of direction is poor – a road trip with me often results in a u-turn.
Makings of Home is here to help families cultivate a home life that is happy and fulfilling. So if the daily grind is a struggle or chaos reigns in your household please reach out for support.
I lot of people don’t reach out to a professional believing that they should know how to organise themselves. However, like any skill, organising, is something that can be taught and you can learn.
Stop telling yourself you’ll solve your home challenges SOMEDAY and take the first step TODAY.
Ready To Transform Your Home?
Here’s how I can help:
- Vision and goals. Clarify what you desire and dream of for your family and home. I’ll teach you how to achieve that vision.
- Creative ideas. Uncover the cause of frustration in your home, then then allow me to provide the tools and routines to overcome them.
- Emotions and attachment. Often we attach more meaning to our possessions than they deserve. I can help you understand the emotions that drive your desire to hold onto things and provide strategies for you to either release them, or honour them in a more meaningful way.
- Support and focus. Disorganisation often stems from your upbringing, a life transition, bad habits, stress or poor health. I can support you to find strategies and systems that will simplify your home and ease your over-scheduled day. I can also keep you focused on the bigger picture, helping you move beyond just a surface level fix and into results that are manageable and sustainable.
- Listen to you. This is the most important. With the right support, motivation and encouragement you can feeling more confident in the decisions you are making and empowered by changes you are implementing.